Thursday 19 July 2007

Sydney, Blue Mountains - Australia

Yesterday I went to the Bondi beach and I definitely have to go here in the summer to learn to surf. Massive waves, noise and smell of the sea everywhere, great.



Today I bought organised guided 1 day tour to The Blue Mountains.
Yes, I know, hardcore backpackers never do it.

It was quite good value because I sat in the front of our 10 seat minibus and I also got driving lesson from our guide, former truck driver.
Now I know how to drive in the peak hours traffic jam and reduce the driving time to a half.

We had a stop at Sydney Olympic Park,
Sydney Olympic Stadium:



One of many solar systems installed in Sydney Olympic Park:



Our guide said that there is also a rain water collection system on the roof of the stadium and they use the collected water to supply the park and the athletes village as well.

Stop at Blue Mountains park area and one of the wild kangaroos:



Blue Mountains:





Three Sisters:



check the story behind Three Sisters

http://www.bluemts.com.au/tourist/thingsToDo/threeSisters.asp
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three_Sisters_(Australia)

Real Three Sisters:



Real Three Sisters and me:
(I asked our truck driver to make this tourist photo for me, but never do again. Look at that horrible smile :)



World Steepest railway:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Katoomba_Scenic_Railway






3 comments:

Stano Trlica said...

Well Katoomba is probably only the steepest railway in Australia, but the roller coaster they are buidling there sounds good :-)

Roman said...

It's not even the roller coaster in Katoomba :) ,
the journey took only few seconds.

Matt said...

It's raining in London