Monday 2 July 2007

Santiago de Chile - Chile

It´s very difficult to travel in South America alone without Spanish language.

Yesterday I met thieves again :) But at this time I almost robbed them.

It was 6pm, I was sitting in the park, looking into the map (again) and two teenagers came to me to rob me of a watch or a mobile phone.


I got quite angry so I started screaming something on them. And it helped, it would be easy to rob them :), but i rather walked away. I hope I will improve and in India I will rob with no problem.


NOTE: Never read the map on the street and wear dark old clothes to not look as tourist, when travelling in South America.


Santiago is very European city too, and there is minimum of skyscrapers i have seen. All the buildings have mostly 2-3 floors and some of them have colorful frontage as in Buenos Aires. There is a nice long park in the towncentre near the river. Everything is very cheap as in Buenos Aires. For ex. a bottle of wine costs in BA around 1 US dollar, in Santiago little bit more.

2 comments:

michaela said...

Ahoj Romanko, som na teba hrdá a teším sa z toho, že si mal odvahu tam ísť a že cez Teba spoznávam iné krajiny. Som sama zo seba prekvapená, že rozumiem aj po anglicky, čo píšeš. Edka mi dala kontakt na Teba. Prvykrát som aj prihlásená na blogu. No proste s Tebou aj moja počítačová zeručnosť rastie

Roman said...

Ahoj Michaela,
dakujem za pochvalu.

To ma tesi, ze to po mne precita aj niekto iny.

Blog ma este tu vyhodu, ze zachrani nejake fotky pred kradezou fotaku.