Tuesday 19 June 2007

Sao Paulo - Brazil

It´s quite hot here in the third largest city on the Planet.
Between 25 and 30 degrees Centigrade. And it should be winter season on the South Hemisphere.

It is unbelievable trafic here and cars and pedestrians often break the traffic rules.










very clean and effective Metro (subway)







I am using my body language everywhere, bus station, metro station, train station, fastfood, shops, museums, because almost nobody speaks English (Except an Argentinian girl and a guy from Brasil, I met at the hostel I took accommodation after the arrival).

Then after couple of days I contacted Erico and his wife Ana over the

www.hospitalityclub.org/

web page. He works as an automation engineer (project manager) for an american company Rockwell Automation in Sao Paulo. I´ve studied automation as well. He offered me an accommodation in their spare room in their flat and took me to his office and factory for an excursion next day we met. He introduced me to all of his colleagues :)

Rockwell Automation factory department:








We went also to a typical Sao Paulo pizza restaurant.

You can serve yourself some kind of soups and sauces and then you sit down at your table and every three minutes restaurant staff will come to your desk with 1000 + 1 types of pizza and offers you a piece. You can eat for the whole evening if you like. And everything except drinks is included in price 8 reais (2 pounds )


Sao Paulo "Empire States building"







MASP Museum of modern art:



Cathedral da Se:














No comments: